Hello again.

Isabella, thank you for answering my previous question.

Now I want to show a confirmation yes-no dialog and get user's choice. For now I know only one way - via external process, so I do this:

local pid = awful.util.spawn("Xdialog --yesno 'hello?' 7 34")
local x1, x2, status = posix.wait(pid)
if not x1 then error("posix.wait() failed for PID=" .. pid .. ": " .. x2) end
local isYes = status == 0

The problem is that both spawn() and spawn_with_shell() create a child of init process (PPID=1), not the child of awesome, so wait() always gives me "No child processes" error. Is there any way to fix/overcome this?

I also tried os.exec() and posix.fork()+posix.exec(), both ways make WM unresponsive: mouse cursor moves but no other reactions to my mouse/keyboard commands.

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Grigoriev