Unfortunately, Ubuntu on the other laptop was using awesome 3.4. After
upgrading awesome 3.4 to 3.5 the problem appears on this laptop, too: after
moving the mouse over the completion-window of eclipse, it is disappearing
immediately.

I can temporarily fix it: After moving the eclipse-main-window to another
workspace, the completion works exactly for one time. After this, the
completion-window will disappear again when moving the mouse over it.

By the way, I tried some other tiling-WMs (i3, qtile, notion): Only notion
works together with eclipse. And the old awesome 3.4.

     Zum Testen <zum.tes...@yahoo.de> schrieb am 13:56 Mittwoch, 24.Dezember
2014:

Thank you for your answers. Unfortunately, the problem with eclipse still
remains on my laptop. But it seems to be only a problem of my Linux
configuration. I recently installed eclipse and awesome on an ubuntu laptop and
there were no problems with the auto-completion boxes.

     Manner Róbert <rma...@gmail.com> schrieb am 11:11 Dienstag, 16.Dezember
2014:

Hi,

I am using pycharm and intellij and for me only this little script helped, the
other methods did not. It seems to have disappeared from the wiki but I have
copied it from there once. You can give it a try also.

#!/bin/bash

# Fix X window manager name properties to work around java bugs with
# non-reparenting window managers. This is a different solution from
# the wmname utility provided by suckless, as it is NetWM compatible,
# while wmname sets the value of _NET_SUPPORTING_WM_CHECK to root win.

IRONIC_WM_NAME="Sawfish"
NET_WIN=$(xprop -root _NET_SUPPORTING_WM_CHECK | awk -F "# " '{print $2}')

if [[ "$NET_WIN" == 0x* ]]; then
    # xprop cannot reliably set UTF8_STRING, so we replace as string.
    # fortunately, jdk is OK with this, but wm-spec says use UTF8_STRING.
    xprop -id "$NET_WIN" -remove _NET_WM_NAME
    xprop -id "$NET_WIN" -f _NET_WM_NAME 8s -set _NET_WM_NAME "$IRONIC_WM_NAME"
else
    # even if we're not net compatible, do java workaround
    xprop -root -remove _NET_WM_NAME
    xprop -root -f _NET_WM_NAME 8s -set _NET_WM_NAME "$IRONIC_WM_NAME"
fi

Br,

Robert