Hi,

Am 03.06.2015 um 18:08 schrieb John Yates:
> I am trying to build the git tip.  Things seem to go fine until it is time
> to build the man pages:

>> Scanning dependencies of target lgi-check
>> [ 55%] Built target lgi-check
>> Scanning dependencies of target man
>> [ 56%] Generating manpages/man1/awesome.1.xml
>> [ 57%] Generating manpages/man1/awesome.1
>> Note: Writing awesome.1
>> make[3]: *** [manpages/man1/awesome.1] Error 1
>> make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/man.dir/all] Error 2
>> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
>> make: *** [install] Error 2
>

> Any suggestions?

Uhm. The .xml is generated by something like this:

  asciidoc -d manpage -b docbook -o awesome.1.xml < awesome.1.txt

This step works fine. The actual manpage is then generated via:

  xmlto man awesome.1.xml

This step goes wrong.

I suggest you could try running this by hand and see if you get any more useful
output? Perhaps xmlto crashes or something like that?

I vaguely remember that there was once a bug in xmlto that we ran into, but I
can't find anything about it right now.

Note: The above would need to be run in manpages/ in awesome's source.

Cheers,
Uli
--
Bitte nicht mit dem verbleibenden Auge in den Laser gucken.
 - Vincent Ebert