Hi,

I also have this problem, but it seems to happen after a certain amount of
time has passed after boot (about an hour), and I don't need to change my
monitor rotation to cause this.  I do sometimes use xrandr, since one of my
monitors can rotate, so I use an xrandr command to rotate it, but this bug
happens even when I don't do that after booting.

Perhaps my problem is related to the feh-based wallpaper changer I use.  In
the past, something similar happened because I used conky and it set itself
to be covering some of the tag number by default...

I don't really use the actual tag buttons very much, but it's frustrating
when I try to and it doesn't work. It will be interesting to see what the
real cause of this problem is!

Thanks,
Abe