Hi,

Am 08.10.2015 um 16:13 schrieb Javier Jaramago Fernandez:
> does anybody know if awesome is already a re-parenting windows manager?

yes it is since commit 102063db / since awesome version 3.5.

> I'm
> asking because it still have Java issues even when the problems were
> supposed to be caused because awesome was a non-re-parenting windows
> manager. If anybody knows we could trace the problem and try to fix it in
> the OpenJdk at least (if they are the bug source).

Yup. Half the reason for turning this into a reparenting WM was "Java is being
stupid", but sadly Java also seems to be stupid with reparenting WMs.

Sorry.

Cheers,
Uli
--
"Do you know that books smell like nutmeg or some spice from a foreign land?"
                                                  -- Faber in Fahrenheit 451