Hi,

I don't have the time to read all the discussion on the issue #442 this
week-end, but maybe you can be interested in the way I have built my
rc.lua: many pure config files (just some assignments) and a call to
builder/backends to handle API changes and logic.
https://github.com/AlexisBRENON/awesome-configuration/blob/master/README.md#the-architecture
I'm very interested in taking part in the development to fix this issue!

Kind regards,
Alexis.