Hi Aleksei,

I looked at most of the battery monitor widgets but the seemed to be for Laptops

The UPS is external (before) the PC and "NUT" runs to get status (upsc)

Just as an FYI, upower returns the following wether the UPS is powered or on
battery...

        Daemon:
          daemon-version:  0.9.23
          can-suspend:     no
          can-hibernate:   no
          on-battery:      no
          on-low-battery:  no
          lid-is-closed:   no
          lid-is-present:  no
          is-docked:       yes

Wondering if anyone has a widget the processes the info "upsc" provides (or do
I write one)

Wondering if there is a way to get Awesome to show system messages from a
script as notifications

Regards,

Dave