On 19/03/2013 12:19, Laurent Bourgès wrote:
Dear all,

I run recently netbeans profiler on my swing application (Aspro2:
http://www.jmmc.fr/aspro) under linux x64 platform and figured out a
performance and waste issue related to PlatformLogger.

Actually, the JavaLogger implementation uses a Map<Integer, Object>
levelObjects to store mapping between PlatformLogger's levels (int) and JUL
Level instances.

However, the isLoggable(int level) method is highly used by awt project and
other JDK projects and it leads to many Integer allocations as autoboxing
converts the level as int to an Integer instance used by the Map.get() call.

It's good to have identified this issue and I agree with Mandy that it should be fixed.

Have you read the "How to contribute" page [1]? I don't see you on the OCA list and just wanted to check.

-Alan

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/contribute/