On 11/12/2013 16:16, Sean Mullan wrote:

The code changes and suggested wording for the updated methods look fine to me. Please add a release-note=yes label to the issue. The permissions security guide will also need to be updated with the new behavior of these methods: http://download.java.net/jdk8/docs/technotes/guides/security/permissions.html#PermsAndMethods -- I suggest adding a comment indicating that so we remember to update the docs as part of writing the release notes task.
Thanks for the pointer to that guide, I wasn't aware for it (and now that I read it then I see that it is out of date, the changes that are you suggesting we need to remember are required now because those methods had their spec changes in 8 to use checkPermission directly).

-Alan