On 2/10/2014 9:17 PM, Anthony Petrov wrote:
Thanks for the clarifications. Note that given that we re-create the EDT
if there are more events in the queue, I'm still unsure whether we
regress or not. I recall there was a patch submitted on this mailing
list a few years ago that made the EDT die unconditionally and never be
resurrected if it's requested to die. So I'm afraid the code that relies
on this behavior will stop working correctly after your fix because you
will re-create the EDT for all remaining events.

I can barely imagine such a code that kills EDT and expect it to have died forever :) This is a violation of AWT contract, when event dispatching is started as soon as a new event is posted. If applications needs another behavior, it has to make sure no events are posted to AWT event queue.

Oleg,

webrev .2 looks fine to me.

Thanks,

Artem