Hi,

This is a request for review of Otavio's patch replacing StringBuffer with
StringBuilder within OpenJDK. (I also need to review it.)

It covers many areas and i have grouped the patches into such areas to aid
reviewing. When commenting please including core-libs.

Jtreg tests showed no regressions, but when reviewing we need to be mindful of
the context e.g. if the buffer escapes and can cross thread boundaries.

This is also an experiment to see if we can review the whole thing under one
bug :-) if things prove problematic and slow we can split it out. Many files
are touched but there are not many changes to each file and changes are very
formulaic.

I have also included ASM related changes, but i suspect we may have to leave
those alone since such changes will make it more difficult to pull in ASM from
upstream.

-

Otavio, for the record can you reply to this thread posting your single
("uber") patch as textual attachment? (IIUC such attachments should now be
supported by the email server).

Paul.

- core
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk9/sb/JDK-8041679-buffer-to-builder-core/webrev/