Hi Anton,

I disagree, and here's my arguments:

1. The host bounds are not related to the /content/. Hence, adding this method to the LightweightContent interface would look inconsistent from API perspective.

2. Given the requirement to keep backward compatibility, the default implementation of the method would return 'null', so the calling code would have to check the return value and fall back to calling LF.getBounds() manually. Currently this logic is encapsulated in the LightweightFrame class itself, which looks reasonable to me.

3. SwingNode already calls other APIs on LF, such as notifyDisplayChanged() (and again, this particular notification is unrelated to the /content/ itself.) So adding the setHostBounds() to LF looks consistent from this perspective, too.

4. The current implementation of the getHostBounds() method simply returns a new rectangles using cached values. If we implement your suggestion, then every call to CPLWW.getGraphicsDevice() would involve an additional call to the SwingNode code, which may impact the performance slightly.

5. I was almost ready to push the FX part of the fix today, and let's admit it, this fix is very well overdue. I'd prefer if we don't modify the interface anymore.

--
best regards,
Anthony