Sorry to interrupt you but since I do know the test let me say that
requestFocus() is an important part of the test,
if you are going to replace it with requestFocusInWindow() you
(effectively) remove it from list of regression tests.
Please check 4369903 bug for more information.

Regards, Oleg.

P.S. feel free to ask more questions if you need.