Please review the open source changes for 8043340. The goal here is to get
jdk8u to build on Mac OS X 10.9+ systems where Xcode 5+ and Xcode 4 are
co-installed, a configuration which is becoming more and more commonplace as
more developers are focusing on JDK 9 now (which needs Xcode 5 installed), not
to mention new systems ship with 10.10 which only supports the Xcode 5/6
command line tools. It's too much of a hassle to maintain separate systems for
building jdk8u and JPRT isn't suitable for frequent changes so something must
be done to address this.

The jdk changes are similar to those done for JDK9, though I removed the
changes for building with Xcode 5 (JDK-8043591) since we do not support
building JDK 8 with clang.

The hotspot changes are almost identical, the lack of SYSROOT_CFLAGS
necessitated changing the logic in saproc.make a bit. It still builds with or
without spec.gmk, though without it you will either need to define SDKPATH or
have a sane Xcode 4 installation.

For the top level build system:
- most of the logic of sanitizing the Xcode build environment is in toolchain.m4
- the LIPO variable was removed since it was completely unused
- OTOOL was moved to after the Xcode sanitizing so it can be picked up from
DEVELOPER_DIR if needed
- MACOSX_UNIVERSAL is now being set to false by default and
ALT_MACOSX_UNIVERSAL was added to hotspot-spec.gmk.in so the hotspot build is
in sync with the jdk build (this was a bug, IMHO)

That last change removed any need to run lipo (only done in hotspot), so the
fact that /usr/bin/lipo is broken with Xcode 4 is a non-issue.

There is a weird case where some early versions of the Xcode 5 command line
tools installed /usr/bin/{gcc|g++} as a symlink to {clang|clang++}, that case
is handled by putting $DEVELOPER_DIR/usr/bin on the path so autoconf picks up
the actual gcc executable.

JBS Issue:

Webrevs:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ddehaven/8043340/jdk8u/v0/top
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ddehaven/8043340/jdk8u/v0/hotspot
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ddehaven/8043340/jdk8u/v0/jdk

JPRT runs are being kicked off. I'll have one run from hotspot directly. I'll
post results here.

-DrD-