On 02/04/2015 16:15, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
Hello.
Please review the fix for jdk 9.
There are a number of public methods in the java.awt.Toolkit class, which reference the unsupported java.awt.dnd.peer and java.awt.peer interfaces.

There is a decision to remove these references as described: http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/awt-dev/2015-February/008924.html
Changes description:
- All such methods were moved from Toolkit.java to the ComponentFactory.java. Note that all our toolkits implement ComponentFactory interface. - HToolkit, HeadlessToolkit, SunToolkit were cleared because they have the same implementation of these methods as in ComponentFactory. - The questionable moment is that I throw an AWTError in a some places if a default toolkit not implements ComponentFactory interface.

Webrev can be found at: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8074757/webrev.04

The removal of the methods from Toolkit look good to me.

On the point about AWTError then I assume that this would only happen a special build, maybe an untested port. Or maybe there are other way to configure AWT to use an alternative toolkit implementation at runtime?

-Alan