Looks fine to me too.

Thanks,

Alexander.

On 09/28/2015 02:11 PM, Ambarish Rapte wrote:
Hi Sergey,
        Thanks for the review.
        Executed regression tests for TextArea, TextField & also other tests
which use any of the TextArea, TextField or TextComponent.
        => There are NO failures due this patch change.

Dear All,
        One more review is required for this patch.
        Please review.

Many Thanks,
Ambarish Rapte

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Bylokhov
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 6:36 PM
To: Ambarish Rapte; Alexander Scherbatiy; awt-dev@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: Review Request for JDK-8040322 : TextArea.replaceRange() and
insert() are broken with setText(null)

The fix looks fine to me. Thanks.
You can also run related regression tests from java/awt to check that there are
no regressions.

On 21.09.15 12:38, Ambarish Rapte wrote:
Hi,

                  The previous mail for review of this issue
JDK-8040322,

                  is filtered with another issue & issues are merged.

                  So I am writing a new mail to continue the review on
separate thread.

Dear Sergey,

                  Thanks for the review. Updated the patch according to
your review comments.
                  Please take a look.

                  Please review this patch at

                  Webrev :
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psadhukhan/ambarish/8040322/webrev.01/

Below is history from previous mail discussion,

Hi, Ambarish.

A few comments.

    - The fix changed the order of methods calls. Note that if the user
overrides the "appendText" then it is called after an "append".

    - It seems that before the fix we always tried to use the empty
string for a null text(we replace null to "" in the constructor and
setText), the new code should maintain the same assumption.

On 18.09.15 14:36, Ambarish Rapte wrote:

  > Hi,

  >                  Please review the following fix for jdk9.

  > Bug:https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8040322

  > Webrev:http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psadhukhan/ambarish/8040322/webrev.

  > 00/

  > Issue:

  > /            TextArea.setText(null)/   does not set TextArea text to

  > /null/ when called after

  > /TextArea.replaceRange(), TextArea.insert(),  TextArea.append()./

  > Cause:

  >                  Variable "/text/"  was not correctly updated in

  > /TextArea.replaceRange(), TextArea.insert(),  TextArea.append()/
in

--

Best regards, Sergey.

Many Thanks,