On 12/23/2015 7:33 PM, Alexander Scherbatiy wrote:
On 12/23/2015 7:08 PM, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
Alexander, please clarify
1. will this fix the problem?
   It will still fails for example for the scale factor 3.
Then why to do what you've proposed?

2. What if user uses value > Integer.MAX_VALUE / SCALE_FACTOR for window dimensions? If it should be prohibited now with your change, then we need to add this to all javadocs because window size does not meet its native limit in this case.

The sizes are scaled on the native system. I think that values that are greater than Integer.MAX_VALUE should be truncated to the Integer.MAX_VALUE.
    If it does not checked it should be considered as a bug.
Not sure that I understand you correctly. What did you mean under "values that are greater than Integer.MAX_VALUE"? Not sure that it is possible. How user will know which range is acceptable for setSize()? Before your fix if user set any value > 65535 the resulting window size is 65535. After your fix it is the same value as it was requested. This may not assumed to be correct without additional explanation.

The Window.setSize() method have already had the documentation to cover such cases: "The method changes the geometry-related data. Therefore, the native windowing system may ignore such requests, or it may modify the requested data, so that the Window object is placed and sized in a way that corresponds closely to the desktop settings."

   Thanks,
   Alexandr.

--Semyon