Thanks for clarification, looks good to me.

Thanks,
Alexander.

On 07/06/2017 23:22, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
Hi, Alexander.
These closing tags are optional in html5 standard [1]. On the link to the SO there are three the example which work differently but according standards[2][3][4].

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/html5/syntax.html#syntax-tag-omission

[2] http://jsfiddle.net/robertc/rNv93/1/
[3] http://jsfiddle.net/UqzEp/2/
[4] http://jsfiddle.net/UqzEp/3/

----- alexander.zvegint...@oracle.com wrote:

Hi Sergey,

Why do we omitting closing th tag?

e.g.

+ * <caption>Metal's system color mapping</caption>
+ * <thead>
+ * <tr>
+ * <th>Key
+ * <th>Value
+ * </thead>

I know that HTML parsers are usually forgiving such things. But sometimes it may make thing worse:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7125354/what-are-the-actual-problems-of-not-closing-tags-and-attributes-in-html/7135378#7135378

Thanks,
Alexander.
> On 05/06/2017 06:23, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:

    If there are no objections I'll change the target ws from dev to client, to
minimize the merges between some other javadoc fixes.

    -----sergey.bylok...@oracle.com  wrote:

        Hello.
        Here is an updated version where most of the caption are visible.
        Bug:https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8180326
        Webrev can be found at:
        http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8180326/webrev.02/
        Specdiff:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8180326/specdiff.02/overview-summary.html

        You can use search to check the changes in some specific class:
        Old docs:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8180326/api_old.02/overview-summary.html
        New docs:
        http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8180326/api.02/overview-summary.html

        -----jonathan.gibb...@oracle.com  wrote:

            Phil,

            I have no evidence one way or the other whether screen readers pay
            attention
            to undisplayed or invisible captions. It seemed safest to assume

        that

            they would
            read a visible caption, and that we should head in that general
            direction.

            -- Jon