I know JEP 272 covered the com.apple.eawt API’s.
Is there nothing to cover the eio.FileManager?
I have code using it to try and determine platform specific location’s for files

        public static Path getFolder(DataTypes option) {
                File f = null;
                try {
                        if (option == USER) {
                                f = new
File(FileManager.findFolder(FileManager.kUserDomain,
FileManager.OSTypeToInt("asup")),app);
                                if (!f.exists()) f.mkdir();
                                return f.toPath();
                        }
…etc...

When I run jdeps against my application I get…

jdeps -jdkinternals halfpipe.jar
fhalfpipe.jar -> java.desktop
   us.hall.osx.OSXApplication                         ->
com.apple.eio.FileManager                          JDK internal API
(java.desktop)

recognizing it as a java.desktop internal API.
If I look at the web page suggested to find replacements I see only
com.apple.eawt and not com.apple.eio?

If there is no ongoing intention to support this API in the JDK I had at some
point included them with a GitHub project.
Would there be any problems or licensing concerns with me providing them that
way? I think all the Apple contributed was Classpath Exception but I’m not
entirely sure what requirements that involves for my use of it?