From: Sergey Bylokhov
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 4:31 AM
To: Shashidhara Veerabhadraiah <shashidhara.veerabhadra...@oracle.com>;
awt-dev@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: [10] JDK-8146537: TrayIcon Action Listener doesnt work in WIndows
10

Hi, Shashi.
On 20/11/2017 02:10, Shashidhara Veerabhadraiah wrote:
> requested key as of that instant by sampling the current thread's key
> messages from the message queue. Any misses either a thread ran faster
> or slower it is possible to miss the key messages. This is the problem
> that's happening under windows 10 wherein the key states are being
> null for the mouse button press. This problem is mentioned in the msdn
> as well. On the other hand, a tray icon message click produces
> NIN_BALLOONUSERCLICK event only upon the left mouse button click and
> hence there is no check required for the same.

The old code also request the state of the different keys like shift, control,
etc. And after the fix we lose this information, probably we should apply it on
top of the modifiers?

Another unclear thing is that we use
java_awt_event_InputEvent_BUTTON1_DOWN_MASK which is a mask for InputEvent as
modifier for ActionEvent which does not have such mask.

--
Best regards, Sergey.