The simple testing that I did -- one each of a Swing app + JFXPanel and a JavaFX app + SwingNode -- worked for me on my local build after restoring that file. Some additional testing (necessarily limited to GTK 2 until the FX backport for GTK 3 is done) might be needed.

-- Kevin

On 9/5/2018 2:35 PM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
HI, Pankaj.
Can you please recheck that FX<-->Swing interop still works? Probably there are some other than GThreadHelper issues

On 05/09/2018 11:44, Pankaj Bansal wrote:
Hello Kevin,

Thanks for pointing it out. I will remove this fix for now. I hope its ok, if I create new webrev when I get some more comments here.

Regards,

Pankaj Bansal

*From:*Kevin Rushforth
*Sent:* Wednesday, September 5, 2018 10:29 PM
*To:* Pankaj Bansal; awt-dev@openjdk.java.net; swing-...@openjdk.java.net *Subject:* Re: <AWT Dev> [8u-backport] JDK 8145547: [AWT/Swing] Conditional support for GTK 3 on Linux

The backport of the following fix, which removes sun.misc.GThreadHelper, will break all FX interop applications, even if GTK2 is used:

https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8154546 : Retire sun.misc.GThreadHelper

The FX GTK port still uses that class, so the class needs to be left in until after the FX support for GTK 3 has been backported.

-- Kevin