Hi Sergey & Martin,

> > AWT experts, what do you advice about asynchronous events: to Block or
> to dispatch selected awt events...
>
> I think that before answer this question we need to clarify why the
> current code hangs.

According to me, Martin already exposed his detailled analysis of 2 cases
making AWT to hang with several AppContexts: in summary, like a deadlock,
the EDT threads are waiting for each other to dispatch SequencedEvents !

Please Martin correct me, or maybe give us an updated diagnostic of the
problem ?

This thread is already quite long and both Martin & me invested a lot of
time on debugging, fixing & testing, please give us your understanding,
Sergey.

Finally I am in favor of Martin's patch 2 sent by Oct 16th:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mbalao/webrevs/8204142/8204142.webrev.02

Cheers,
Laurent