On Tue, 15 Dec 2020 21:14:08 GMT, Phil Race <p...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> [...]
>> process exited with status 1 after 100ms.
>>

>> java/rmi/activation/ActivationSystem/modifyDescriptor/ModifyDescriptor.java:
>> synopsis: need to modify registered ActivationDesc and ActivationGroupDesc
>>
>>     Execution failed: `main' threw exception: TestFailedException: TEST
>> FAILED: ; nested exception is: TestFailedException: TEST FAILED: Test1
>> failed: a service would not restart
>>

>> java/rmi/activation/Activatable/forceLogSnapshot/ForceLogSnapshot.java:
>> synopsis: Activatable objects cannot be restarted.
>>
>>     Execution failed: `main' threw exception: TestFailedException: TEST
>> FAILED: ; nested exception is: java.rmi.activation.ActivateFailedException:
>> activation failed; nested exception is:
>> java.rmi.activation.ActivationException: timeout creating child process
>>

>> java/rmi/activation/Activatable/checkAnnotations/CheckAnnotations.java: rmid
>> should annotate child process output
>>         java/rmi/activation/Activatable/inactiveGroup/InactiveGroup.java:
>> synopsis: rmid should not destroy group when it reports inactiveGroup
>>
>>     Execution failed: `main' threw exception: java.lang.Error: text should
>> be 1.1
>>
>>         java/beans/PropertyEditor/TestDoubleClassValue.java: Tests
>> PropertyEditor for value of type Double
>>         java/beans/PropertyEditor/TestDoubleTypeValue.java: Tests
>> PropertyEditor for value of type double
>>
>>     Execution failed: `main' threw exception: java.lang.Error: values are
>> not equal
>>
>>         java/beans/PropertyEditor/TestDoubleClassJava.java: Tests
>> PropertyEditor for value of type Double
>>         java/beans/PropertyEditor/TestDoubleTypeJava.java: Tests
>> PropertyEditor for value of type double
>>
>>     Execution failed: `main' threw exception: java.lang.Exception: failures:
>> 1
>>
>>         sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ColorChooserDemoTest.java: Verifies
>> SwingSet3 ColorChooserDemo by performing simple interaction with all the
>> controls that are shown in the ColorChooserDialog.
>>
>>     Execution failed: `main' threw exception: java.lang.StackOverflowError
>>
>>         java/beans/XMLEncoder/Test6531597.java: Tests encoding of arrays of
>> primitives
>>         java/beans/XMLEncoder/Test6989223.java: Tests Rectangle2D.Double
>> encoding
>>         java/beans/XMLEncoder/java_awt_GridBagConstraints.java: Tests
>> GridBagConstraints encoding
>>         java/beans/XMLEncoder/java_awt_LinearGradientPaint.java: Tests
>> LinearGradientPaint encoding
>>         java/beans/XMLEncoder/java_awt_RadialGradientPaint.java: Tests
>> RadialGradientPaint encoding
>>         java/beans/XMLEncoder/java_awt_geom_AffineTransform.java: Tests
>> AffineTransform encoding
>
> These tests more or less *never* fail so how are you sure it is not your
> changes ?
> And 8 beans tests failed and you made 3 changes in beans code so I'd like to
> see some evidence
> to show these failures are unrelated and an explanation as to why these

Oops. I also had changes from https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-4511638
in my working tree.
After I reverted them only 3 tests failed in `test-tier3`:

    JT Harness : Tests that failed
    Tests are grouped by their final status message.
    Execution failed: `main' threw exception: TestFailedException: TEST FAILED:
; nested exception is: java.rmi.activation.ActivateFailedException: activation
failed; nested exception is: java.rmi.activation.ActivationException: timeout
creating child process

        java/rmi/activation/Activatable/restartLatecomer/RestartLatecomer.java:
rmid does not handle group restart for latecomer objects

    Execution failed: `main' threw exception: java.lang.Exception: failures: 1

        sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ColorChooserDemoTest.java: Verifies
SwingSet3 ColorChooserDemo by performing simple interaction with all the
controls that are shown in the ColorChooserDialog.
        sanity/client/SwingSet/src/SwingSet2DemoTest.java: Verifies check box
menu item, radio button menu item, nested menus and themes using SwingSet2 main
window.

    Report generated on Dec 16, 2020 5:54:22 PM
    Using JT Harness 6.0; built on November 30, 2020 at 12:00:00 AM MSK with
java version "1.8.0_172"