OK.

My interest is purely about any work I may need to do in this area for jtreg.

If I recall correctly, these tests make minimal use of the actual API. When the time comes, it may be enough to stash a private local copy of the Applet class somewhere, and just change the imports to refer to the new copy.

Whatever you choose to do, keep please keep me in the loop with respect to any work that needs to be done in jtreg.

-- Jon