On Sat, 1 May 2021 11:26:39 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhuk...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> Please confirm if it is working in 10.14 and in multiscreen environment.
> Also, I guess a testcase can be written to see if notification center is
> coming up for normal awt non-trayicon app(obscuring normal awt window or not)

I cannot confirm that it works on 10.14 since I do not have such a system, this
is why in the description of this PR I requested to check the fix by someone on
10.14/10.15. Thanks to Alexander who confirm it on 10.15.

To test this functionality the user will need to enable the notification
center, which should be disabled by default for the execution of our tests,
then checks that the "Do not disturb" is not set for the current time, remove
the java from the allow/disallow list. And then the user should return all that
back. If some step will be skipped it will affect the tests executed after. I
prefer do not to request that.

> BTW, I see from
> https://developer.apple.com/documentation/foundation/nsusernotificationcenter?language=objc
> that this class is deprecated, so I think we should not use this way of
> notifying user and find some other alternative or do away with this or else
> we will get new problems like this in newer releases.

I know, this information is already in the jbs. When we will move further from
the macOS10.14 in our JDK trains we probably should migrate to the new API.