On Thu, 20 May 2021 19:22:50 GMT, Alexander Zuev <kiz...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> But it is still part of the specification unlike implnote/apinote, and we
>> cannot use non-public classes there, since other JavaSE implementations may
>> not have this class. see discussion on the link above.
>
>> But it is still part of the specification unlike implnote/apinote
>
> I think you can suggest usage of the implNote here - i am going from the
> initial description of the reason implSpec in the JEP saying that
> implementation and logic of it may vary between different Java SE
> implementations and even between different platforms so i am going with the
> original reasoning for implSpec tag existence. If you disagree, please file
> the separate issue for spec amendment once this PR is integrated. Or we can
> discuss it and i file follow-up bug - whatever you prefer, but i honestly
> think it is not a blocker and that this technical issue linger in this state
> for way too long.

We absolutely should NOT reference a non-API class in the public javadoc, no
matter whether
it is an implNote or implSpec.
Additionally, if you add or remove an implNote or implSpec or update it for
something much more than a typo you will need to revise the CSR.

Really I would need to see what the actual delta ends up being to be sure for
this case.