Regarding your comments

I had to do the same with the sales edit lines form. When selecting
sales order lines to populate for Invoice, picking list etc, it
selects the lines for update. This is unnessessary. I changed the
query object salesChooseLines and removed the code where it selected
it for Update. I also removed the tts statements in the method
salesformletter.chooselines(). This increased performance by 100%
and removed blocking in SQL.

Mike

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Preston A.
Larimer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here are some notes I have, in addition to these the users should
set
> the credit check on the other tab of the saleseditlines form to
none
> when invoicing, doesn't make sense to check credit limits when
creating
> an invoice.
>
> -Preston
>
> Axapta 3.0 Locks Up During Sales Order Update
> If multiple sales orders are selected for update or the select
feature
> is used during on the salesEditLinesForm the Sales order table can
be
> blocked for a prolonged time causing multiple users to experience
long
> delays in creating and updating sales orders.
> The salesFormLetterClass chooseLines method places the salesTable
table
> and salesLine table in transaction state as it populates the parm
table
> with the selected records. If a user is selecting a large amount of
> records or the selection criteria is complex this causes the long
block
> on theses two tables and can block work with sales orders for every
> other user in the system.
> The block is possibly due to the credit check process which also
wants
> to traverse the salesTable and salesLine tables while checking for
open
> sales order totals during order creation and update.
> Fix: Modify salesFormLetter::chooseLines, comment out line 20 and
line
> 53 in the unmodified sys layer code.
> Axapta 3.0 Locks Up During Credit Check
> During processes that perform credit checks in Axapta the
salesTable and
> salesLine tables can be blocked causing excesive delays for users
> wanting to update sales order records.
> This is noticed in sales order update processes that use the
> salesFormLetter class and invoke credit checking during the update
the
> checkSales method of the salesFormLetter class places multiple
tables in
> a transaction state while it reads their data. This blocking issue
is
> most severe if the client has invoiceing accounts with multiple
> associated customer accounts and a substantial amount of uninvoiced
> orders.
> Fix: Modify salesFormLetter::checkSales comment out line 6 and
line 21
> in the unmodified sys layer code

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129p0d74s/M=295196.4901138.6071305.30011
76/

D=groups/S=1705001380:HM/EXP=1095175299/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*
htt
> p:/companion.yahoo.com> click here
>

> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=group
> s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=838555150>
>
>   _____
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> *         To visit your group on the web, go to:
>
> *         To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
subject=Uns

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kGEolB/TM