Dear Vaibhav, Bob, Sonia & others interested in the toolkits

First of all, I would like to point out that the toolkit does NOT
require a license to run. There's a tool within the toolkit, namely
a business modeling tool and this tool does require a license. The
license required comes with the tool and does NOT cost any extra.

I think the confusion comes from the fact that this modeling tool
originally was developed in Navision days and the database of choice
at that time, was the Navision database. But like any other tool
using a database, you won't have to intereact with this database to
use the tool, in other words it could have been any database, only
it happens to be the Navision database for now.

Second, it is true that the foundation for the methodology is the
OnTarget methodology developed for Navision. Only the new toolkits
are now product specific. The methodology is one layer within the
toolkits and this methodology is ERP applicable, another layer is
the tools & templates section and it's product specific where
possible. The third layer is a Service Offerings layer containing
information about the pre-defined packaged offerings, QuickStart and
QuickPlan for Axapta (in the case of Axapta).

Final thought on this subject, the toolkits are business focused and
makes use of business modeling techniques to define the customers
needs and to drive the implementation. A lot of Partners are still
using the function/feature approach with the issues resulting from
this. Most often customers have no idea what functions/features they
need, but they do understand a Partner that speaks their business
language.

PS. In regards to the access to these toolkits, a Partner must buy a
MBS service plan and this is the ONLY requirement.

Regards,
Tonny Jonsson
RubyTurtle Consulting
http://www.rubyturtle.com
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/kGEolB/TM