From: Tony Depalo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 5:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Code upgrade from 2.5 to 3.0

I have done several of these upgrades, and there is no easy method.

In brief these are the basic steps I have been following..

Install V3SP3 and clean DB

copy and move .aod files

start V3SP3 and fix all compile errors

shut down Axapta and point to a backup of the client DB

restart Axapta , it will run the upgrade check list

check you var layer project and replace/merge the client mods.

Do not short change yourself on time as this process can take several months depending on client data

Good luck

Tony