--- ottawa_m2003 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
u can write this code in the Datasource ->PurchLine->
Itemid -> modified() method

if(PurchLine.itemid = "A")
{
 PurchLine_ds.object(fieldid2ext(fieldNum(PurchLine,
Dimension), 2)).mandatory(true);
}
else
{
PurchLine_ds.object(fieldid2ext(fieldNum(PurchLine,
Dimension), 2)).mandatory(false);
}

cheers
Akash
---------------------------------

Hi,

I am trying to make Costcenter dimension field
mandatory in PO lines.
I have two types of Items say A and B. A requires
Costcenter
mandatory, but B does not require mandatory.

I wrote this code. But its not working.

1. I made the field as mandatory in the form. I
override validate
method with the following code on the
StrEdit::dimension[2] in the
grid..

boolean validate()
{
boolean ret;
if ( this.ItemID == 'A' )
     this.mandatory(true);
else
     this.mandatory(false);

}

But it seems not working. Can anyone tell me how to
make "costcenter" ( column ) in the form mandatory at
runtime with
respect to PO lines ( rows ) of the form.

Appreciate your help.
thanks,
Ottawa

Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.