Hi Jim

As far as I know AtlasXL is not able to do what you require. It does some update to Axapta but in the accounts receivable section, which is the section of your concern, the only update I believe that is down is to the customer and vender tables.

You definitely have to do something outside of Axapta. The two first tables associated with sales data are the SalesTable and SaleLine which are the header and line items tables respectively. You will need a program that is able to store the data for these tables in an offline database of your choice. When a connection is available a program that is able to establish a connection to Axapta via the COM connector needs to export this stored data to Axapta and use the Axapta business objects to post these transactions to the other required tables. You have to go through the business objects because Axapta is complicated and several tables are updated in which some of the fields in the tables are update with data from Axapta business objects. For example, the number sequence of the record ID fields and sales order number are generated by Axapta. Doing it otherwise will corrupt your data.

You also need to have some offline data from Axapta that you update whenever there are changes. For example, you need data from the customer table, inventory table and the price and discount table. If you want to get a bit advance you can use replication from Microsoft SQL Server to keep this data up to date if you are using MSSQL Server.

A good program that natively works with Axapta via its COM connector is Visual Basic. You may not understand all that I have said but you should have an idea and know that you need and expert to do this.

Varden Morris

J. Wray & Nephew Ltd. - Group I.S.

234 Spanish Town Road

Kingston 11, Jamaica, W.I.

Phone:  (876) - 923 - 6141 Ext. 2400, 2412
Fax:      (876) - 923 - 5372

Cell:      (876) - 3833566
Email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jim Jo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi seth !! ..

An idea .. don know will work out or not ..

Why cant you extend the invoice functionalities to excel spread sheet?.

Have you seen atlasxl ? .. by that you can import ledger budgets etc etc to axapta.
Same like that, I belive you can do some invoicing also extending the functionalities to excel.
Cannot try it out myself as am not that good on excel.

There is one more excel tool for import export of axapta data. don remember the name :).

this info helps you or add to your confusion !!.

nice day!

Jim.

NITESH SETH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi
we are facing a big problem ,our client have diffrent branches in remote area where some time internt break down for more than a week,now the problem is they want  offline mode so that they can atleat make invoice of every transaction, once the connection estblished the invoice should be entered  in axapta database.they also want their inventory updation . They want to work on centralized database... not distributed.

Warmest Regards
Nitesh

Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.

Do you Yahoo!?