Bob

I see nothing wrong with the method away from the bracket that comes before you assign a value to the variable result.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to convert a negative number to positive for a report and am
getting errors:

1-Unknown source for data method Quantity
2-Operand Types are not compatible with the operator.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? InventJournalTrans_Qty is a field
in my report.

My method is as follows:

    display real Quantity()
{
       real result;
//
    if (InventJournalTrans_Qty < 0)
    )
    result =  InventJournalTrans_Qty * -1;
    else
    result =  InventJournalTrans_Qty * 1;
    //
    return result;
}

Thanks in advance for this and the help I have received. I sincerely
appreciate it.

Bob

Bob Brinker
Oakdene Group, Inc.