Hi Meng,

  Did you try the manual process that I suggested for the lines marked red aafter the validate journal ???

Regs

Jim

Koh Meng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Jim and Girish,

Attached is my posting errors.  The thing i find it strange is that my GL Journal has 1005 lines but only certain lines got this error.

Appreciate for any feedback.

Jim Jo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Girish,

Thats true that you have said. But really I ahve not gone though these tables :). Yep you are rit that when you use the general journal for opening balances before go live .. after the import you will get a lot of validation errors. but i dont find it really good to ask the user to enter the transactions manually when they have junk of data!.

If you are very sure that your credit/ debit balances then the error is mainly of data that has been caused by axaptas excel import. Belive me I just did the same 3 days back .. yep after the excel import to the lines there were a lot of errors .. but I was able to get rid of all those errors in less than 2 hours. Some of the clues that I got I have already posted. hope you have read that. This may not be the right way to do it, but am sure this is the easiest way to do it!.

Amount too little is a strange error, it has nothing to do with your setup. I got the same error. What i did was ,identified the line, jus modified the line , then again reset it back to the original. After that validate again . .ERROR is gone. I really suspect this is cuz of some update that didnt happen during the import. But you did a modify something got updated and it all went right!! . I would liek to investigate what happened , but always as usuall there is not time for that. New new issues comes up daily. Fun trouble shooting all.!!

Jack please keep posted of errors !! if you still have. Would be able to give some suggestions !!!

Regards

Jim

Girish B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Jim,
   May be you could import the transactions directly
and post but I had tried in a few times and kept
getting errors.
When I see the “LedgerjournalTransDaily” table, I see
that there is one more table in the datasource
“CustVendPaymJournalFee” . I don’t know exactly what
is saved in this table because when I checked it
through the table browser it shows empty.
            When I check the way the line is created
manually the system uses the LedgerJournalEngine
(class) to check and calculate the data for the
LedgerJournalTrans table. I remember I had used the
same way to populate the table.
   If we can successfully post after importing the
lines then it would be the best thing.

    Jack, if you succeed in posting the journals do
let us know what else you needed to do to solve the
problem, it would be useful to all of us.

Cheers,
Girish