Title: Message
Thanks James, Kilian, Karsten....

We do not keep Sales order or sales lines data.  We delete it upon invoicing.  Also, the "void deleted orders" is turned off and our table.SalesTableDelete is empty.  When I run the Administration > Reports > Size of company accounts the following list of tables are our top ones.  All of these tables has got more that 2 million records and as you can see Stock transaction posting has more than 11 million.

Stock transaction posting 11012916
Ledger transactions 9541567
Sales order line - Update table 5552715
Stock transactions 5506466
Customer invoice lines 5506458
Posted VAT 5385725
Transaction log 4393169
Customer settlement 3239164
Customer transactions 2254013
Customer invoice journal 2248285
LedgerTransStats 2230963
Sales order - Update table 2182593
Sales order header - Updating table 2182593
Audit trail 2178062
CustInvoiceSalesLink 2163242
Shipping specification 2162089
Imported Shipments 2159160

Like you suggest, Karsten, we do not use any stock dimesnions.  We are licensed for 7 dimensions but we use them for Department, CostCentre, Credit Controller etc. in Accounts Receivable but none in InventTable and InventTrans.  Our InventDim table has only one record in it but it is a dummy record with no Batch, Serial, Location, Size, Color etc.  All records in InventTrans refers to this record through InventTrans.inventDimId.

Hope this sheds more light.....

Regards,
   Hennie