Hennie,

I agree with the suggestion made by one of the previous posters ...
you need to check your SQL server.

Here's what's NOT wrong
1. Your AOS's are not overtaxed,
2. Your SQL processors are not overtaxed
3. I assume your clients are not overtaxed

This leaves 2 possibilities

1. The network connection between your AOS's and the SQL server is a
bottleneck (I doubt this is the case, though)
or
2. Your SQL server disk drives are the causing the slowdowns

If the problem is #2, there are a few ways to remedy the situation:
1. Have your SQL admin check to make sure you have all the indexes
you need for the types of jobs you're running.
2. Add more memory to the SQL server so that more of the database
can be stored there. This will allow queries to be run completely
from memory, which is 100's of times faster than physical disks. You
will have to upgrade to the enterprise edition of SQL server,
though. I think the standard edition is limited to using 2GB of
memory.
3. If you have any other databases on the same server, like a
testing / training environment, move them to another server. They
may take up memory even when not in use.
4. Upgrade the disks in the server to a faster model, if possible.

One last question
Are you using the inventory multi-transaction option?
(Admin ==> Setup ==> System)

RAL

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Hennie Potgieter"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to rant about Axapta and if anyone wants to listen me out
and
> give any advise it would be appreciated.....
>
> Some Background:
> We are a company in the courier and freight forwarding business
and are
> using Axapta mainly for financials (AR, AP, GL).  We do not have
> warehouses, BOM's, costing models etc.  Our few (about 15)
services that
> we offer has been captured as service items in the Inventory
module, but
> other than this, we do not use inventory at all.  Because Axapta
is more
> geared towards manufacturing, we had to customize quite a few
components
> to suit the services industry we're in.
>
> 1.  We have major performance problems on Axapta - especially
around
> month end when the volumes of transactions reach a peak.
>
> 2.  We are creating and posting around 25000 sales order per day
with an
> average of 5 lines per sales order.  The performance of the
posting is
> not acceptable.  We also get lots of database locks from this
posting
> process that sometimes takes minutes to resolve.  We are running 3
AOS's

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/kGEolB/TM