James
Are you sure you want to use stock dimensions for this.

When you create a purchase order from a sales order, the PO stock
transactions are linked to the SO stock transactions by the field
inventreftransid

You can create exactly the same link by using Stock Marking.

There is a document on the Axapta V3 release disk that explains this.

Hope this helps

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "James Flavell"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a situation such that a purchase is basically a blanket
contract
> (100,000 qty) with a fixed price per unit.
>
> Now the contract is only purchased when it is sold to the customer
(so it is
> partial invoices per contract) and when this happens there are
additional
> charges the supplier will add such as freight (in axapta this will
be part
> of the cost of the item).
>
> Now to get true back to back costs I must match up the sales
invoice with
> the correct purchase invoice but I can have several purchase
invoice for the
> same contract on the same day so basically I cannot rely on FIFO
within the
> scope of the contract.
>
> What I thought to do is to use one of the inventory dimensions
such as
> batchnumber which represents the salesorder so that this can give
me back to
> back costs (i.e. FIFO within the batchnumber).
>
> The problem is this batch number would be generated and assigned
on the
> sales side and needs to be taken over and assigned to the purchase
side
> automatically.
> Has anyone done anything to achieve such a working?  I know in
reservation
> the invenotry dimension will be taken from purcahse over to the
sales
> inventory transaction, where exactly does this happen and any
ideas whether
> it could be changed to send one of the dimensions the other way?
>
> Maybe I am going about things the wrong way??? Any other
suggestions for

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/kGEolB/TM