Hi Padmaja,

   Why cant you do this by security groups settings? You can allow only certain groups to post invoice. This is one way of doing this.

  Second method .. Needs a one min customizations effort.

  Change the default value of the check box to ::NO and disable for editing (Through a security group, so the admin or managers can edit the field). But still the user is allowed to post the invoice. These posted invoices are not considered for transaction until it is approved. The next level approval can be done from vendor - transactions. Again you can restrict this access also for certain user groups only. Only after the invoice is approved this is considered for open transactions and to close further .!

I have done the first method in two sites and the latter with all other clients.

Yep ... Anyways this was just to add your info's .. Try to do it with as much less possible customizations!

How do you find this solutions :-). My clients are very happy with these two !! :-)

laters,

Padmaja Iyingar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Great Thank you. But, I will check with the client. If the requirement is simple, then I will try to customize it according to Vaibhav.
regards,
Padmaja

Malcolm Burtt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi

Some time back we implemented an approval mechanism for purchases. Approval limits were stored at the user group level. If a user is in multiple groups then they get the highest approval limit from their group memberships.

We added "Approved by", "Approved date", "Approved amount" to the purchase order table.

When a user attempts to post an "unapproved" purchase order it checks the value of the order. If this exceeds the current user's authorisation limit then the user cannot proceed to posting. If the value is below their limit then the order is automatically approved (i.e. the approved by, approved date and approved amount fields are set).

A new "Approve" button was added to allow another user with a higher approval limit to approve an order so that it can be posted. The approve button just sets the approved by, approved date and approved amount.

When a user attempts to post an order that is already approved, the system checks that the order value is still below the approval amount recorded when it was approved.

I hope that gives you some ideas on what you could do for your client

Regards

Malcolm Burtt
Global IT Group
"Business Solutions designed for YOUR business processes"
Global IT Group is the trading name of Touchstone Global Business Solutions Ltd. and is part of the Touchstone Group PLC.