From: Van Den Langenbergh Gunther
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 03 December 2004 02:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FINANCIAL AND
PHYSICAL INVENTORY VALUES

Also in production you have the same difference between physical amount and
financial amount (like with a purchase: packing slip: physical and invoice:
financial).

Physical amount you could consider as an temporary amount (must be ON in
inventory model group).

If i'm not mistaken: a production is also a receipt and creates a physical
amount when reported as finished (temporary) and a financial when costing
(postcalculation) = definitive.  Although I never used standard cost price
as a validation method (I mainly use AWP) I saw that physical amount was
based on qty * costprice (from item table) and financial was the real
costprice (i.e. total of components and operations).  So in case of FIFO or
AWP this will definatly always be different.  I only don't know what Axapta
takes in case of standard costprice.  I should think: the totals of (QTY's *
the standard cost of component) and totals of operations or maybe QTY *
(standard cost of your produced item).  But the last one seems to me not
logic and it that case ofcourse you would end op with the same amount (if
the qty's where equal).

Gulan

  _____