Hello everybody,

We've been working with Axapta for about one year and we're currently
developing one little module do add some direct and indirect cost
based on Ledger Accounts using a cost month closing journal and job
(splitting direct cost for salary for example into the orders that
have time appointment in the month, and indirect costs like
Administrative cost based in total hours appointed in the orders,
then update de inventory and after, the ledger), there's no problem
with this.

But we need to add this cost to the inventory, we're currently
researching to use the InventTransAdjust class that fills the field
adjust for a specified inventTrans voucher.

This is the most correct way to do this?

Another question is, as we use de average cost, and our issues was
with the previous cost, does the Inventory month closing will adjust
all the issues for the goods??? For example, the cost of a semi-
manufactured good will change with this (as we add´s up the cost with
InventTransAdjust), and consequently the cost of finish manufactured
good have to change to production order cost + semi- manufactured
cost (the new one with that InventTransAdjust adjustment) + the
amount that we add up to the order with InventTransAdjust.

Example:

Production Order 1 : semi manufactured have to be adjusted in $10 due
administrative and other direct costs (this process its ok, no
problem with that) + std Axapta cost ( not touched, BOM cost + cost
of work centers, already in the inventory when the production order
was finished) = $100

Production Order 2 : finish manufactured good 1 have to be adjusted
in $33 due administrative and other direct costs (this process its
ok, no problem with that) + std Axapta cost ( not touched, BOM cost +
cost of work centers, already in the inventory when the production
order was finished) = $120

Finish good 1                 120 + 10 + 33

     | - semi manufactured    100 + 10

As it is, all the issues for finish good 1 has to be corrected in 43
when we run the inventory month closing and adjust.

And the issues for semi manufactured have to be corrected in 10.

This can be tested if we purchase some raw material, product some
semi manufactured good with it, product another finish good with the
semi- manufactured good then sell it. Turn back on purchase invoice
for the raw material and adjust the cost with the misc. charges
function,  all the cost tree has to be changed.

Does Axapta do this???

Thanks

Rodrigo Matiazo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cadia Consulting do Brasil Ltda.
Av. Eng. Luis Carlos Berrini, 1091 2º andar
Edifício A R S Cep. 04571-010 - Brooklin - SP
Tel. (55-11) 5505-0173
Fax. (55-11) 5505-0659

www.cadia-consulting.com.br

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/kGEolB/TM