From: Yifat Halili [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 8 December 2004 5:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] annual stocktaking

Hi there,

Rocco is correct, when Axapta creates a stock sheet it is snap shot of the way the items are at that point in time. Hence, one should not do any transactions once the stock sheet has been created, a good idea is to lock the items in the stock count. Axapta cannot handle movement of stock during the stock count.

Another thing to keep in mind is the unit of measure, make sure that the people are counting in the correct unit of measure. i.e. the inventory unit of measure. For ease of use, we display the unit of measure on the counting sheet.

Also one needs to consider if you are using standard costing or average costing. If you are using ave costing, when you count up, the system takes that stock at a zero cost unless otherwise specified – i.e. fill in the cost field in the stock counting journal. If you are using std costing there is no problem.

Hope this helps.

Yifat Halili

Financial Systems Consultant

Exordia - a division of PricewaterhouseCoopers SA