Thanks Raul, Max, Otto,

This confirms what I have been seeing.
You always have to declare the macro before you can use it.

There is not much difference between a macro library and a global
macro or a local macro defined in the AOT.

You have to declare it first before you can use it in a method. In
my example stating "#TRA_Macro_Local1" twice would do the job.

Maybe it is a matter of terminology Global to me means more the way
Max describes it. Declare the macro and its context, and use it
where you want, whithout having to declare it at the beginning of
the method or before using it.

Using the #define macro to declare a symbolic constant globally also
requires that we put it in a global macro or in a macro library
which has to be declared before using it.

regards,
Danny

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Raul Llorente
Peņa/OPENSOLUTIONS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kGEolB/TM