You should check your latency from the client to the server for the remote clients, even though you have a 64Kps line your latency can be high causing the client to be nearly unusable especially for forms with lots of sorting or large lookups.  If your latency is high, and you have a dedicated line then you can talk to your network provider about getting a cleaner line to get the latency down, if your going over the internet then it is very difficult to get consistent low latency and you should look into a solution such as terminal server or citrix for the remote clients.  You can check the latency by using Tools\Development Tools\System Monitoring, also reached by double clicking the communications status icon on the status bar( bottom right)  On this form if you are 3 tier, you should have a Remote Connection tab, on this you can test the latency.

-Preston

From: Mohammed Sadiq [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 4:26 PM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Slow connection for remote clients

Dear All

We have some remote clients who are connecting to the Head Office by 64Kbps Line. We are facing slow connection speed in Axapta client. We are using 3-tier Architecture with Axapta AOS on IBM Server 235 Series with dual processor and 2 gb RAM.

And our database is Oracle 9i on Sun Enterprise V880 Server with SPARC III Processor and 4GB RAM. The clients at the head office has no problem with speed whereas the problem is only at the remote ends which is connected by Frame Relay of 4 Kbps.

Can anybody suggest what could be the bottleneck for the clients on remote side.

Waiting for your suggestions. Will Fat client increase the performance of the remote clients.

Thanks / Regards