by using this method of exporting ... deleting and
then importing back in the new layer, you might lose
the data in these tables.
   you might  need to export the data (of the new
tables) before deleting them.  you might have to see
if the modified tables (new fields added) have the
data , If you do have the data then you need to export
these data and then when importing this data you need
to select  to update the existing data.

good luck.