Dear Jesper,

I am running axapta 3.0 sp3.

To simulate the situation I did some testing in a test-environment
and in a development-environment.

I created a new field for the table VendTable in both environments.
In my test-environment I did it in the usr layer. In my development
environment I did it in the var layer. Same name for the field. I
entered data in the field for the records in my test-environment.

I logged out of both environments.

I removed the axusr.aod and related files from the test-environment
application directory. I copied the axvar.aod and related files from
the development-environment to the test-environment application
directory.

I started the axapta test-environment. Axapta then starts building
the axapd.aoi, axapden-us.khi and axapden-us.ahi files.

After that I logged in and checked whether the data entered
previously was still there. I checked the field id, which was
changed from 500001 into 300001.

The data was still in the fields.

regards,
Danny

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Kehlet"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Your explanation is a little confusing:  Did you do a synchronize
in
> your own environment?  What version of Axapta are you using?
>
> ________________________________

They
> > added new fields. These fields have been used already in their
> > production database and of course values have been entered.
> >
> > Now I need to transfer these changes to the VAR layer.
> >
> > I notice when I just export the changes and import them in the
var
> > layer, nothing happens. Is this correct, I assume it is a way
the
> > software is trying to keep things consistent. As such it is not
> > possible to overwrite changes made in the user layer.
> >
> > Am I correct that it is not possible to load these changes into
> the
> > var layer while they are still in the usr layer. Is this
behavior
> > only valid for tables?
> >
> > How can I get the changes transferred to the var layer without
> > loosing the data already entered.
> >
> > regards,
> > Danny Gaethofs
> >

> > Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.

> >       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> subject=Uns
> > ubscribe>
> >
> > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
of

>       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
subject=Uns