Hi,
I am not able to get it working. I hope someone will help me.

I have a grid and one of fields is "dateEdit". I have a modified method on the dateEdit field. Say, if the user tries to modify the date, I am prompting a messageBox with Yes or No button.

What I would like to have is, if user select 'No' option, the value should not be modified to new value , it should retain the old value. I know its something to do with placing super() call.
But I could not make it working.

Pls find a piece of my code.

/****************************************************************************/

public boolean modified()
{
      boolean ret;
       ret = super();

   if( Box::yesNo(sometext,DialogButton::Yes) == DialogButton::Yes)
     {
  change the date;
     }
    else {
              don't change the date.
           }

    return ret;
}

but if I select yes or no also, the date is getting modified. How can I prevent modifying the date if the user selects 'No'.

Can any one help me?. or do we need to write a validatewrite method ......

Thanks in advance

-Padmaja

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! – What will yours do?