in this case where are you writing the code for
calculation. If you writing it again on the display
method then imagine how many times it has to fetch the
records from the table and then total it. what you
could do is you could fetch it from a table method and
write the code on the table method.
  one more way is that you create a class and send the
unique id to the class (from the display method) and
write the calculations in the class and retrive back
the final value to display. run the class on the
server. this could improve the performance.

   There are many display methods which are on the
sales line itself but you see that they are retrived
from the salesline table methods. (you could check how
the the fields on the qty tab of the sales line are
displayed (InvoicedInTotal,DeliveredInTotal).

hope these tips will help you.

cheers,
Girish

--- Jayson Joseph Thattil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

---------------------------------
Hi Girish,

Thanks for the reply . These display methods

are based on some business logic which is not stored

any where. like a sales tax total for all saleslines

showing in the salesTable header.

TJJ

--- Girish B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    why dont you add the table in the datasource and
> directly display???
>    where ever possible we should always avoid using
> display methods on the forms..
>

> --- tj_jayson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> ---------------------------------
>
> Hi All,
>
> How can I cache a method in Axapta ver 2.5 sp 4
>
> I have lot of display methods in the overview which
>
> causes lot of client / server calls which in turn
>
> slows down opening the form as well as navigate
> through the
>
> form .
>
> Any help on this will be highly appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> TJJ

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
> Yahoo!
> Terms of Service.

> Yahoo! Mail - 250MB free storage. Do more. Manage
> less.
> http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com