Hi Ptmhki

The table will always be the best location if it is possible to write the code there. If it is not possible then the datasource is the second best place.

If you write the code on he datasource of a form and you need to reuse it on another form you will have to duplicate the code for the other form. However, if the code is on the table it can be reused by all and any objects in the application without duplication.

If you write code on the control of a form it will only be usable by that control. However, if you write that code on the datasouce you can reuse it everywhere in the form. This makes a control the third and I think the last best place to write code.

It is best practice to place no code if possible on a form. This makes the form simple and easy to maintain and reduces the cost of upgrades.

Varden Morris

J. Wray & Nephew Ltd. - Group I.S.

234 Spanish Town Road

Kingston 11, Jamaica, W.I.

Phone:  (876) - 923 - 6141 Ext. 2400, 2412
Fax:      (876) - 923 - 5372

Cell:      (876) - 3833566
Email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

ptmhki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

how to determine the best location (datasource & table) of validate
method?

Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.

Do you Yahoo!?