Axapta ver 3 - New to M$ software - Used & wrote (RPG) AS/400 erp
packages for 30+ years - not that good with M$ SQL either, just good
enough to be dangerous

What I could do very easly on an AS/400 is to list the schema of any
table in any database.  Being new to Axapta, I would like to be able
to do that so I can see what columns are in what tables & the
attributes of each column.  I have looked at the tables sysobjects &
syscolumns to get a real simple listing but the key word is simple.
I would like to be able to get the info that you see in the AOT when
you right click on a table name, click on fields, & then right click
on a field name & see the data under the "Properties"
or "Catagories" tabs.  This is the info on the AS/400 that was very
easy to obtain & I could give this same info to some of the power
users to run their own queries, etc.

Is this something that is doable??  Yes we have the full development
license (Morph & X++) but I am an RPG programmer (& a smattering of
VB6) & have no clue how to accomplish if programming is required.

Thanks - Dennis

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/kGEolB/TM