david bonk wrote:

>... Axapta has to make this entry because the alternative is to put
> an item into inventory at a cost different form standard and this
>is not possible.

I partially agree - but to me the alternative is to record the
negative cogs at the current standard, not the old standard.

> I did a test where I sold an item, changed the standard cost,
>returned the item through a negative SO.  The entry for Inventory
>and COGS for the return was at the new cost...

Hmmm, interesting.  How did you create the negative SO?  We are
creating our negative sales orders via the Create Credit Note
function.  Perhaps that creates different results than what you saw.

>.... but when I did an inventory adjustment for this item it reduced
>inventory and COGS to the original cost and did not post anything
>to the Standard Cost revaluation account.  These appeared to be the
>correct entries.

Not sure what this inventory adjustment is. ??  The negative SO
already put the stock back in inventory.

> How are you returning the item?

??  See above.

Bruce

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/kGEolB/TM