Dear Eddie,

Thanks for your reply. What happens if i want to capitalise my cost for my project? That is the reason why i selected Balance under Journalising in Project Group. If i select Profit and Loss under journalising the system post the correct transactions but not in the case when i select Balance. Thanks

Regards,
Ng Eng Han

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, jesse
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear all,
> Have anyone tested on Axapta Project module with Internal Project
type? The reason why I am asking this is because according to Axapta
Advance Project Guide for Internal Cost Project with WIP, system is
able to post cost to Balance account when posting cost journal.
> Eventually when cost need to be moved from balance account and
into profit and loss, user can use the Post Cost script (found in
Project/Periodic/Time and Material) and system will post cost amount
from Balance to Profit and Loss.
> However when I tried this on the system and select the cost to be
posted to profit and loss system is unable to generate the correct
transaction. The result i obtain is as per the attached file.

> My Settings:
> Project/Setup/Posting/Project Group
> Project Type : Internal
> Journalising : all costs are set to Balance
> Cost Posting : Cost - profit and loss account
>                       WIP Cost - balance sheet account

> Upon Post Cost journal system performed the below transaction:

> DB WIP COST (balance sheet account)
> CR Accrual (offset account specified in journal)

> When performing Post Cost (Project/Periodic/Time and Material)

> Somehow the system is unable to created the below correct
transactions :

> DB  COST (P&L)
> CR  COST CAPITALISED (Balance Sheet)

> instead system generated the below transaction :

> DB COST CAPITALISED (Balance Sheet)
> CR COST CAPITALISED (Balance Sheet)

> Anyone have any idea why system is acting this way? Did i setup
the setting wrongly? Thanks

> Regards,
> Jesse

> Jesse

Your problem is that you need to set the Post Cost to Profit&Loss
under Journalizing on the project group.

Regards
Eddie

Do you Yahoo!?